Travelling... again

I am currently sitting in the Toronto Library in the Lake Macquarie district of NSW, looking out over a glistening blue lake on a very warm and sunny Autumn day.

When I arrived I asked if I could use my own computer. I was offered free WiFi and the use of either my own computer or one of the library's many computers and told that if I needed a powerpoint with which to charge my computer, then just to ask. So whilst I listen to soothing classical music in the cool of the air conditioning on a comfortable couch, I'm catching up on my emails and writing this blog.

I am only eight days out from boarding the magnificent Celebrity Solstice and sailing through the famous Sydney Heads to Honolulu via New Zealand and French Polynesia. And I'm looking forward to numbers of days at sea where I can write, read, play Scrabble and Chess and drink copious cups of tea whilst taking in the panorama that is the Pacific Ocean.

Thirty-one years ago I sailed aboard the Oriana to the Pacific Islands of New Caledonia, Vanuatu and Fiji. I recall we experienced some bumpy seas at times, but nothing will dampen my enthusiasm for fresh air, five-star accommodation, first class food and beverages and all the entertainment one could ever want.

Bring it on!

Comments