Change of Pace

I am rather a creature of habit when it comes to reading. I love mysteries, murders, detective stories, sci-fi and a variety of non-fiction, but I rarely read what I would categorise as 'women's fiction'.

Recently a friend recommended big little lies by Australian best-selling author Liane Moriarty, so I took up the challenge. The story is set in Sydney and centres around a group of young mothers - with children of varying ages in a local primary school - and their lives. At first I thought I would really struggle to get through it but I persevered and I am ever so pleased I did.

What results is a funny, tragic, compelling tale with lots of mystery, a murder and romance all wrapped up in wonderful descriptive writing, and with a great twist at the end.

I loved the book and towards the end I couldn't put it down. It just goes to show. Even I can read something different from time to time!


Comments